Sunday, January 04, 2004

Tragedy and Excitement
When I woke up this morning it was snowing...around 9:00 am. Then, at 12:30 pm (noon-ish) it was a blizzard..and it was really icey outside. On the way to church we saw this horrible accident, with a semi truck on the side of the road, and the front of it was twisted and broken from the chains that connect it to the back side. It was really bad, so me and my sister said a silent prayer about their safety...then, on the way home, there were 3 more really bad accidents. The worst I saw on the way home was a small black car was on a ramp and tumbled off to where it flipped over to its side...there was a camera crew, and an ambulence, fire truck, police cars...it was really bad. I did lots of praying. It was kinda' scary...to think all those families who will get the news that someone they love was in a car crash...just sad. Another thing I was thinking on the way home was about snow..I kinda' decided I like it...I still hate the coldess and the wetness, but I love the way it makes people slow down..It's the only thing I know of that can make everyone slow down..I like it a lot. Because the world here, in Chicago, is so fast...everyone is rushing around trying to get somewhere. Rushing threw life without leaving time to think. I like the snow..making everyone drive slow and far apart.

Crystal is really sick. She has a strong fever. I'm pretty worried. People, pray she gets better please.

Also, in church we got great news! The youth leaders brought the youth group into one room and said they had a few announcements...Heidi said "We are expecting a new mascot, arriving around August" and all of us except Jackie were just like..oh, cool. But Jackie started yelling and saying "oh my gosh, heidi!" and we all caught on...Shes having a baby! it's so exciting. Imagine, a mini Jason running around. Lol, itd be cute. But Im hoping for a girl..though a boy would be great too! Everyone, wear pink all the time! heh.

No comments: