Friday, January 02, 2004

Prayer Request!!!
Jackie and Jill slept over last night. Twas fun. Jackie and Crystal went to bed around 12:30...while me and Jill stayed up until 8:30....AM. Heh. We played UNO three times, watched K-PAX (and the ending of that three times), watched Kate and Leopold, and Extreme Days. And for the rest of the time we talked..about everything. Asked eachother all kinds of questions, made true confessions....it was cool. At one point in the night, I just...thought about humans..and how...blatently stupid we really are. I.E. Whats with the comment "Take a Seat." Who made that up? (This thought came from K-PAX) I dont know, that movie is just really, really great. I definately reccomend it. I was also thinking, would I rather not know anything, or know it all. I mean, basically know wrong from right..or good from bad. For example...if nobody ever told me not to eat the skin of a banana, would I find it to be nasty if I were to eat it, not having the knowledge of not supposed to eat it...? Could being oblivious be better? If so, couldn't we experience everything for ourselves...like when you see a movie, and someone tells you its bad, in your head, your automatically going to look for things wrong with the movie..while if you go in with no opinion of the movie, you can make your own opinion. I decided I'd rather not know anything...in that sense..
Anyway, today, we were in the car at Portillos and I asked Crystal if she believed it that we are the only planet in...everything everywhere, that has living beings..and she said yes. It does say it in the bible, and I just asked because I realized last night that I always believed so deeply that their were other forms of life...maybe not in our reach, but I always figured they were out there. But now, I just seem to be able to understand, that we are it. God made us, and thats it. I think its cool. But then my Dad said he didnt beleive it..and he was about to say the bible was written by some crazy man, but me and Crystal said stop..and it led to a mini-arguement...This just cleared up my thoughts about Dad definately not being saved. I know he hates going to church, he wont read the bible, he doesnt believe half of anything we do...he just needs a lot of help. For this reason, I decided to pray a bit harder for him from now on. I cant imagine him..dying and going to hell...to suffer endlessly...Its just a sick thought..for my own Dad...Its hard though, living with someone who does not believe what I do...especially when theyre my parent..who Im supposed to follow in beliefs and stuff. Blah, I wont changed my religion because he doesnt agree with it, no way! So, anyone who reads this, please pray for my Dad, and for God to just help him find God, and want to go to Heaven...and yeah, to just turn to Him in all his troubles. Thanks so much.

No comments: