Wednesday, August 27, 2003

The Worst Day of my Life
I went to sleep around 10:00 pm last night. I had to be awake for school, right? Well, I couldn't sleep, at all. So around 11:30pm, I got this suitcase from my Dads room with a whole bunch of my stuff in it, and I brought it into my room, and started looking through it. Crystal got up, and came into my room. She couldn't sleep either. We talked for awhile, petting Tobi on my bed. I told her that he was breathing weird, he was like, double breathing..as if he had just got done running for a long time. So, we gave him some water, but he wouldn't drink. At about 12:10 pm, Crystal went back to bed, and so did I. Or, we tried...I tossed and turned the whole time. Tobi was very fidgety, so I thought he might want to get off the bed. So, I put my blanket on the floor, and layed him down on it. But, he was fidgeting there too, walking around the room, and not sitting still. So, I was laying in bed, and I called him over. Normally, he wont come. But this time, he came right to my hand and put his nose to it. So, I got back out of bed, and lifted him up. I put him at the end of my bed, then layed down on my stomach, and tried to go to sleep. He wouldn't sit still. He rested his head on one of my legs, then a minute later, he shifted to the other, and he did this for about 15 mintues. Then, I moved my leg, to get comfier, and to try and make him fall asleep...but there was a wet spot on my bed. I got up, and turned on the light. Tobi had wet my bed. His bladder broke...So, I put him on my floor, and he was breathing really heavy. I didn't know what to do, so I went to Crystals room, and brought her into mine, to show her what was happening. When she found out his water broke, I could tell by her look that it was NOT good. We didn't know what to do. It was 2:00am...who could we call? I had her call Dad on the cell phone. He didnt answer the first time, but then he called back. Crystal told him what was going on. He called our neighbor downstairs, Dawn. Dawn came up here, and looked in the phonebook for a vet that was open 24/7. We finally found one. Crystal picked Tobi up, and we brought him to Dawns van. We drove to the Vet. It happened to be the same place we took Sheva when she lost blood in her legs, and had to be put to sleep. The vet looked at him. His stomach was bloated. Abnormally fat. He couldnt even use his back legs. So, eventually the Vet came and told us what was wrong. He was bleeding internally, and had a tumor. They said they could do surgery, but there was a chance he would die anyway. Crystal asked if it would be less painful for him if we just put him to sleep. They said yes. I left the room, I couldnt take it....but, before they did, me and Crystal went to say goodbye to him. I told him I love him, and we left. He was hooked up to all this stuff, and he couldnt breath. They were pumping air into him so he could breathe. We left the room, and they put him to sleep. All the while, me and Crystal were crying..Dawn tried to comfort us, but shes not my Mom, and she was NOT making me feel better..so, I wanted to yell at her to get away, but she persisted, so I just did whatever. I didnt wanna' be rude..

So, Tobi is dead.

Me and Crystal didn't go to school today. I missed my first day of highschool. I haven't slept since Monday night. I havent eaten since yesterday at 5:30pm. I cant stand up without crying. I cant sit without crying. I cant do anything without crying. Crystal isnt crying as much. She just lays in bed, not sleeping, just laying. I dont think I can make it through school tomorrow without crying, but I think theyll make me go anyway.

Crystal told me that when she told Dad Tobi was gone, he sounded like he was going to cry.

No comments: