Sunday, August 17, 2003

E-mail
So, I am talking to this kid, Matt, that I met online almost 6 months ago. And, I guess he was reading my journal (this). Because he quoted something I said.

-I am trying to listen to more Christian music, rather than secular, but with my friends, who listen to Goth music and so on, it's really hard to say, be in the car with them and ask to change it to KLOVE 94.3 (Christian Radio Station). So, I'm trying to take it slow, to allow God to help me change throughout the years. Problem is, I don't want to change, I'm happy the way I am. All I can do is pray that God will first help me to want to change, then actually help me change.-

And then he said : yeah it is hard....i dont really wanna change my life style either naomi tho i do need to....im pretty happy how i am.....man i wish i was more like you.....your the best you may not think it but you are.....(i took that out of your journal...as if you probably didnt already realize it)

So, I wrote him back an email and said.
<---heh, I didnt know you read my journal. hehe. But I just try to be better..I mean, when we stop striving for perfection, we might as well be dead. Which is not completely true. But its something I keep in mind..because God is perfect...and since he lives in us all, I'd like to make him a perfect place to live..and since he died for me..because he loves me..and then, like, I ignore him all day (in a matter of speaking) its just rude..heh. So yeah. I just try to be better. And Im glad you think so highly of me. :-)


So, I dont know. I think its so cool that people (some people) (barely any people) (maybe only one person) take to heart what I say. Hehe.
We started talking about how I talk to non-believers, some of my friends, and he said its so cool, because sometimes non-believers get mad when they are preached at. I know some do, because I used to be one. But, I try not to preach, I just try to slide in a few things about God when talking to them. I dont know if my friends hate it when I do, if they do, I hope they would tell me. I also hope thats not why me and Eman dont talk quite as much lately, but I doubt it. Hes a good friend, great friend, and I dont think he cares that Im a christian now. "^_^" <--new and improved version, thanks to Matt. IT HAS EARS OR EARMUFFS! lol

No comments: