Monday, August 15, 2005

Scavenger Hunt

August 10, 2005
Today we went on a Scavenger Hunt and did debriefing for the two teams. During debriefing we had to go around and encourage one another. I went first, so everyone in the circle had to say something encouraging to me. I was, rather embarrassed but it was encouraging and I was glad to be able to tell people why I appreciated them. A few months ago I wrote down why I was thankful for the people in Ro0ts so it was kinda’ cool to actually tell them face to face; but at the same time it was hard for me, personally, because I’m not good at talking and I felt weird telling them. The problem that arose with doing that was that soon after telling them, sometimes they would do something contradictory to what we said [I’m sure I did too.] The Scavenger Hunt was fun: but I think my experience was tainted by some comments people were making. I think my favorite part was when Daniel screamed up at the building requesting to be on some team. That was hilarious. Tonight, as everyone was watching Pirates of the Caribbean, I read Amos and Obadiah, per request of David when he found out I was going to read my bible. The two books turned out to be really good and I enjoyed reading them much. Man, that kid is so wise!

No comments: