Monday, August 15, 2005

Quiet Time

August 8, 2005
In the morning, the Judes had us all separate for an hour and a half to spend some quiet time with God. I went out into the field and, though at first it was hard to concentrate, I did it and it was great. For awhile I just talked to God, but as the red ants bit my ankles, I found I was too distracted so I sang to god for awhile. I remember I sand “Here I am to Worship”, Steve’s song, and “All in All.” Then I sat for a bit thinking about Lord of the Rings (which probably wasn’t the most productive of things to do but it helped me relax a lot.) I tried to journal next, but my pens died so I read a bit of Hebrews. I ended with just praying that God would help us all to be broken this week and for the unity of Ro0ts to be strengthened more than I can imagine. Eventually the Judes rode out to tell me I could go back. They gave me a bottle of water and I was just so thankful for the Judes - they are so great. When I got back, Julia took me out on the ATV’s. I was thankful she did because I wouldn’t have done it without her. Finally, we drove back home and showered and did our own thing. We also went to a “haunted house” on the corner of the Hesters street.

No comments: