Tuesday, August 23, 2005

First day of Junior Year
So, today was my first day of school... I woke up at 5:30 (after having gone to bed at about 12:30) and got ready then left. Nothing exciting happened before school. First block was Partners PE where I work with the Special Ed students at Hoffman. Um, that was cool - intimidating though. Half of the girls already knew most of the partners because they had taken the class last year so it was weird not knowing who any of them were. Um, then one of the partners kinda hit on me and I didn't really know what to do so that was weird... I still dont know how Im supposed to react to that. Second block was drivers Ed. That was alright - nothing special. Just that I was supposed to have my permit by the first day so now I HAVE to have it by the 29th of august or I may get dropped so I have to study the rules of the road book (which I got today) and take the test before Monday. No pressure... >_> Third block was Psychology. That was probably my favorite class of the day just because my friend Sancha is in that class with me and it wasnt so uptight and it was more layed back. Then seminar, which was blah. Overall, it was a fine first day, but not great, and not bad. People looked different, which was no doubt a surprise because who actually changes over the summer?! But they did, so that was weird. And the hallways are a lot more crowded. Besides those few minor details, nothing exciting. Maybe it felt blah because I was tired, but who really knows. I think tomorrow I will be going for a Monster. AND, if anyone is wondering, I was up until 12:30 watching "Dead Poets Society" because I thought Crystal had seen it and said it was amazing, but it turned out she hadnt. All the same though, it was amazing and anyone who is reading this should see it! Oh, and I just thought of something else. God answered prayer today- and I saw it! In the morning I was praying that God would give me confidence, boldness, comfort, patience, etc... Right when I walked into school, one of my former teachers told me I looked "soo good. your eyes look great!" and yadda yadda. As awkward as it was to occur in the middle of the hallway, it was a slight confidence booster so AMEN to that. I was bold in first block in talking to the partners, and felt comforted all day, like who cares what they think of me? Patience was eh, going as how crowded it was but I can work on that. SO YEAH, Eccelsiastes is a great book [I read some before first block] and it totally got me through the day. Praise God, but pray for the rest of my year.. For though Im not starting college or anything, it is still a new school year for me and another year for God to do a major work. Most of the bold christians in the former years were seniors last year, so that leaves me (as far as I know) and a few others to start up christian club and get things going again. And wow, I just typed way more than I intended so Im done. Out.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I'm really glad to hear that things are starting off well for you! Is it true that lunchboxes are coming back into style? Have you seen evidence of this at your school?

-jason

naomi said...

Lol, I dont think lunchboxes are coming back but there is a possibility they are. I have not seen any evidence of this phenomenon occuring but I'll keep my eyes peeled.