Thursday, May 13, 2004

The Phone
Well, I talked to Linda for an hour today. We ended up talking about religion, which we've never talked about before. I found out she believes in evolution and thinks man made up God so we had someone to blame. I think a part of her doesnt think that because she kept almost saying she believed Jesus was real...well, she did say that a few times. She wanted to know where Heaven is, and why God would let "nice, innocent people die." They are reasonable questions, and really hard to answer. I tried to talk about God's will and stuff, but she didnt agree at all. So I told her I'd pray for her, and she just said dont waste my time, she wont change. I just told her that I cant change her mind but God can change her heart, and that I would pray. From what she told me, she just seemed really hurt about moving, changing schools, living with her parents, etc.
I also called Theo, who was kinda' busy, so Im calling him again in an hour. Fun, right? I also called Shannon. We talked for 3 minutes..she "meant to call for my birthday." But shes sick. I believe shes sick, and that she would have called..I just dont know with her anymore. She swears a lot..in her first sentence she did, and I told her not to. Lol. Anyway, I tried to make plans for us all to hang out soon..just because Ive known her forever and God has really put her and Alyssa in my heart..even though they're more so Crystals friends...I dont know.
Well, on a last note for today, I think God is working on preparing my heart for New York. I can just see people questioning my belief right and left, and plain out rejecting it. I have to know how to respond to things that they ask, soo...if anyone has answers or comments to the questions, write me at xxcrimsoncryxx@cs.com!
1) stigmata : real or fake?
2) where exactly is heaven?
3) Why do genuinely nice, innocent people die?
4) Man created God to blame..
5) Evolution flaws?
6) Where are the bodies of the 12 disciples and Jesus?
7) When did God live?

I know the answers to most of these..but how do I explain them to non believers?

No comments: