Sunday, May 02, 2004

Hello world, here I come, WOOH! lol
Hey people. Sorry Theo, that I wasnt online..uhh..I was on the womans retreat. Which was great. It was my first real retreat, besides the youth retreat. The basic message was that God is a Quilter. Anyway, things went weird..you see, at first, I knew I was not in the mood to sit through church and stuff all that time...but I did, and I kept praying that God would just open my heart to whatever he had in store for me this weekend. Well, He did. I wasnt happy with the worship music..it was acoustic (not one of my favorites) and it was a girl..which is great, but I generally prefer worship by a males voice..I just tend to get more into it..but still, I went along with it and got into a few songs. Anyway, by the end of the weekend, I finally figured out what I had learned. In the car ride home, we were supposed to discuss what we got out of the weekend. And, I actually had an answer. I need to learn to trust Hod. I mean, I trust Him, but I have a problem with wanting to hold on to parts of the situation so I feel like Im in some type of control..I just cant seem to give it all up to Him, and thats why I havent been getting far with the things I struggle with. On Saturday morning, I prayed out loud for the first time. It was a short prayer, and I think I talked fast, but still, it was an accomplishment. I prayed for Theo mostly, and for the hearts of our parents to be unburdened when we are in New York. But yeah. Also, I realized that I need to work on my reactions. I think Ive gotten pretty good with controlling my attitude (having worked on it for like..ever!) and I just not realized that I have to learn to react better when Im given attitudes. I struggle with that a lot...I think I have too much pride or something. So yeah, that was really cool to realize. Also, as Jackie said, this time..it wasnt like God was telling me "you need to change and you need to change now!" it was more like...He was saying, "it wouldnt hurt to work on this, so just bring it to me...and I'll take care of it" It sounds so simple..but..its so hard! heh. Anyway, it was definately fun.
We had volleyball matches after sessions at night. It was a lot of fun. And we found the BEST radio station out there. Air One (i think it was called) it was awesome! They played Skillet, Kutless, TFK, FM static, Jeramy Camp, and everyone else! OH YEAH! And Jermery Camps wife and mom were at the retreat. They were really nice. Very exciting. Also..rumors have spread that Heidi wont be going with us to New York..yeh! Worry spreads. I love Heidi...were just going to have to pray about this and find out whats going on.
Also, we went to Cincinatti Ohio! It was so nice there...I loved it. I dont prefer the highways..but there were these steps..they were really big..and they led down to the water..I think it was the Ohio river..but anyway, I would definately like to visit there again...so cool!

No comments: