Thursday, February 26, 2004

Grandpa Gene's funeral

Well, the funeral was today. It was pretty nice. I started tearing up a lot...the worst part was when Uncle Don went up and said some things. He was so close to Gene, and his voice was breaking. It was so sad. And my little cousin Isabel kept saying "Where's grandpa Gene?" Ohh, it was tearing us all apart. But..here what the service was.
Cover ---> As our loved ones knock at the door Our Father waits with open arms to welcome them into his home forever.

Inside left ----->
Mess of Christian Burial
Celebrating the Life of
Eugene Hughs
Saint Marcelline Catholic Church
February 26, 2004
The procession to the Baptismal Font
Jesus remember me, when you come into your Kingdom.
The Opening Hymn: Be Not Afraid
You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst
You shall wander far in safter though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands and all will
understand. You shall see the face of God and live.

Refrain: Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me. And I will give you rest.

If you pass through raging water in the sea, you shall not drow.
If you walk amid the burning flames, you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the power of hell and death is at your side,
Know that I am with you through it all. Refrain

Inside right ---->
The Liturgy of the Word
The first reading: Job 19: 23-27
Pslam Response: My soul is still
Refrain: In you, O Lord, I have found my peace, I have found my peace.
The second reading: Thessalonians 4: 3-18
The Gospel Acclamation: Gregorian Chant
The Gospel

The Liturgy of the Eucharist
Preparation of the girst - Here I am the Lord
I, the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard my people cry
ALl who dwell and dark and sin, my hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright
Who will bear my light to them? Who shall I send?

Refrain: Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night,
I will go Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart

I, the Lord of snow and rain, I have borne my people's pain
I have wept for love of them. They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone, give them hearts for love alone
I will speak my words to them. Whom shall I send (Refrain)

Back----->
Hymn at Communion - On Eagles Wings
You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
who abide in his shadow of life
say to the Lord: "My refuge, my rock in whom I trust!"

Refrain: And he will raise you up on eagles wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you shine line the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

The snare of the fowler will never capture you,
and famine will bring you no fear;
Under his wings your refuge
his faithfullness your sheild (refrain)

The Final Commendation
Saints of God
Cantor: Receive his soul,
All: Recieve his soul,
Cantor: and present him to God the Most High
All: and present him to God the Most High

Songs of Farewell
May the choir of angles come to greet you.
May they speed you to paradise.
May the Lord enfold you in his mercy.
May you find eternal life.

Well, it was just very emotional. Afterwards, we went to the mall...to "shake of the feeling of funeral" Mom bought us each a new scarf..and then she got me the new Kutless CD...Also, Dad came home...WEIRD? I know. Um, he had...a...paralyzed..bowel..thing..basically his kidneys failed. But yeah. I think hes doing better..hopefully he wont have to go back.
Well, lets see. Dad gave me permission to talk with Jesse on the phone. Its great. I mean..I dont really know what to say so hes always yelling at me for not taling, but its fun. Hes so funny, I love him. I love talking to him. Hes great. I cant wait until we talk again! Hehe.
But um, yeah. Things are..weird. Jesse said to me last night that Im awesome or something because...my life...is not going too well, with Dad in and out of the hospital, and Tobi, and grandpa Gene, etc..and yet Im still happy...So, that was really cool to be told...Well, yes. Anyway. bye for now.

No comments: