Saturday, February 21, 2004

First to arrive.
So, I guess people are wondering why I havent been updating...well, here is whats been going down.
On Thursday night, I felt really sick. Crystal was staying home Friday, and I thought I had to go to school. I got in bed at 7:00pm, only intending to take a nap, but I was up at 8:00.....AM. So, I stayed home sick. But that night...I had a horrible dream...Cleo was laying in my bed..her legs sticking out straight, and her tongue hanging out..then, the phone rang and it was the vet. They said Cleo had AIDS and STD (weird...I know) But um..I told my dad, and was crying, and he was like "she'd be dead if that were true, dont worry" and I said "SHE IS DEAD!" and I was crying really hard..and then my cousins took me to the pet store to get a new dog...and then they said Cleo might not be dead..getting my hopes up...but she was dead...Oh my goodness, it was horrible. The rest of Friday went okay. Nothing big happened. I havent talked to Jesse for like, ever. I think sinse Wednesday night, I miss him. :-( I hope we talk soon. Anyway, around 2:00 AM this morning...I got a call from Jackie. Yeah..she said....Grandpa gene died.
What happened was...He was supposed to go to some party for his friends I think (And he never, ever misses parties..hes always the first one to arrive...ALWAYS) anyway, he didnt show up. So, they sent someone to go to his house..and he was found in bed, dead...
The wake is either Sunday or Monday.. If its monday were not going to school.
I just..I cant belive it. He was so healthy..He wrote a book..and was planning on writing another..He...he didnt even write out a will, because he was so healthy..and...all they found was some letter saying if he were to die..leave everything to his brother...oh man, its just..really..ah..I dont know what to make of it. I wanted to talk about his book and getting in published on Easter..and..I just sent him that letter about New York..and..he was going to give all of us some support for the trip (Me, Crystal, Jackie, Jill, Julia. And Crystal..she never got to tell him she liked sushi. he said it was an acquired taste...she never got to tell him she liked it..
And my mom..she left a message on my phone..she said "Im not really worried about him...Im more worried about you guys.." she sounded like..happy. It doesnt surprise me..yet it does. :-(
Well, I guess thats about it lately... ::pause, staring at table:: yeah...

I wont ever forget...how he was the first to arrive..and he always payed for everyones dinner at our get togethers..It was so nice of him. And...how he always poked at us to eat shrimp..heh. And how he said Madison was a bad girls name...and he argued that point with Uncle Chris..it was funny. He had some interesting opinions..about reality TV. heh. And oh, how he traveled so often..He has probably been everywhere. And the story of him and grandma...He loved her, and we all know she loved him. Atleast, thats what mom tells me. But, she knew she was going to die..because she had cancer, so when he proposed to her, she said no. She did die...Well, he always stayed part of the family..which is why I call him grandpa..

No comments: