Saturday, July 03, 2004

FRIDAY MORNING ON THE TRAIN journal-ized

June 26 (Late at night/ early morning on the train)
Today has been absolutely crazy! Starting from the moment we were scheduled to leave our house the devil has been attacking. As we were leaving to go to Eriks house, we found the back left truck door was broken and wouldnt shut. Dad spent 20 minutes fidgeting with it and looking for some bungie cords to keep it closed. Finally, I got down and asked God to help. Seconds later, they walked out of the garage with the cords. We were on our way, until we ran into a traffic jam. That also took up about 20 minutes. Mind you, at this point I am practically freaking out! I knew the devil was trying to stop us at all costs from going on this trip, so again I prayed. A few minutes later traffic started to clear up and we were on our way again. Lastly, a few feet from his house we got stuck behind a freight train. Crystal started crying, she was stressed! Eventually though, we made it. We walked over to the Metra and headed toward the AmTrak station. The day was very stressful and chaotic and its so obvious the devil is doing everything in his power to stop God word from being spread this week. Its so obvious that prayer and petition are all I have to stay accountable and strong in my faith on this trip. Hopefully I will remember this for the rest of the week and keep my attitude on the 'up and ups.' Psalm 27 - Do not be nervous!


June 26 (about 8:30 am)
Crystal is already cranky. :-( Barely any of us slept at all last night and yet none of us are snapping. I cant help but wonder why she cant just try to bite her tongue for once. Apparantly were in New York now. About 30 minutes ago we had a stop in Buffalo. So we have about 6-8 more hours until we get to New York City. I already miss Cleo. I feel dirty. Im hungry. I have to pee so bad its pathetic (I wont go on this train because the bathrooms are so nasty, Im holding it.) It's fine though. As long as I keep in mind the whole reason Im here.


June 26 (about 11:50 am New York time)
I just got off the train for a few minutes of fresh air. Now being back on it, its like a hundred times worse. i.e. you wake up and things smell fine to you, but once you leave and come back it is 10 times worse because you smell the difference between the air. Its like that now, only the difference is the smell of about one hundred people drifting around in a closed place for the past 20 hours. Plus, the guy seated across from us keeps burping really loud, in his sleep. Its only 2 and a half hours until we get to New York City; Im still waiting. 1 Corinthians 10 - You wont be tempted with something you can not handle. God is faithful.

No comments: