Thursday, July 22, 2004

- On the road again -  

I was reading some of my old posts and I got myself wondering why I write the way I do.  If I want to be a writer, which I obviously do, why dont I spice things up a bit? Be more creative? So, that is precisely what I am going to do; or atleast try. I am not sure how yet but we'll just have to see. So, I'll start off with what I've been thinking sinse I haven't been writing much about that lately.
 
While looking through some blogs, I found one inparticular called "Stepping Into the Fog." 
http://benjaminprice.blogspot.com/  I liked the title and decided to take a little peek.  Turned out the person writing the blog was a follower of Jesus Christ.  What he wrote about, why humans were created to glorify God, really made me think.  As I was posting a comment on his site, the thought just kind of flew from my head to my fingers and onto the screen.  I dont even recall thinking it, but I guess it was a lingering thought. Obviously God created us to glorify Him.  But then, as many people wonder, maybe there is something else.  There must be, right? Well, as I was about to say we wont know until we get to heaven, the words formed on the screen.  Maybe in the overall scheme of things, Gods plan for creating humans will eventually play out in the destruction of satan.  I dont know why humans would be needed in the process of anything like that.  I dont think there are any biblical references to anything of the sort, but like I said, the thought went straight through the thinking process and onto the screen.  It's interesting though.  I dont know if it could even be a possibility... Though, it kind of seems possible to me.  I mean, after the rapture and the seven years of tribulation God says there will be a battle between Him and satan in which He will be victorious.  Could it be the human race was somehow needed for this all to play out the right way? The world may never know..
 
On another note.  Crystal got a job finally.  She will be making phonecalls all day, I think trying to sell this package of 180 CD's for a year; something of that sort.  She'll make $10-15 an hour..but most likely $10.00 as she is starting off.  I can already see it is going to cut into all the events we have going with our church; i.e. bible studies such as the proverbs study, and the womans study with Heidi and the rest of the girls.  And the street evangelism on Friday in Franklin Park.  Maybe the youth groups on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.  Who knows?  All I know is God is faithful and He gave her this job for a reason.  She met a girl on the interview today who was also applying for the job.  Her name was Jessica (I think) and she had a really really rough life. Raped by her own cousin and abused by her father.  I think Crystal said this girl does drugs and swears a lot..obviously that's expected.  I can see the Lord placed this all right in the palm of her hands so she can be an awesome witness and reach out to this girl.  I can not wait to see how Crystal's new job affects her spiritual walk. Will it help her grow, or stumble her? Maybe both?
 
I have been viewing my life like a movie lately.  I can take moments and slow them down, view them in black and white.  It's weird.  I feel like I can zoom in on certain things.  For example, the other day I saw a guy in a yellow short-sleeved blouse with a red tie and gray trousers and black shiney shoes. He held a black suitcase in one hand and a cigarette in the other.  I saw this in color, but in moments, my eyes slowed down the breeze that made his tie blow off to the side, and I could see him in a black and white sort of state.  Slow motion in a way.  I saw clouds of smoke blow off to the side of him and him turn slowly.  We made eye contact for a brief second, and then the stop light changed to green and we drove off.
 
When I was a younger kid, I used to wonder why we always drove on the dark side of the road.  Infront of us, all I saw were the red break lights and over on the side I'd see the white/yellow head lights.  The head lights are obviously darker, and I wondered why we never did, or could not, drive on the light side.  I used to wonder if the bad people got put on the side we were always on.  I would look all around the road, trying to find ways to get around the road and drive on their side without going in the opposite direction.  I thought we could just mosey on over and still drive our way, except face the lights.  Though as I got older I realized that would only cause trouble. -Head on collision- So, I now know we cant drive on the light side.  In the past week I tried to relate my thoughts to a spiritual thing.  I dont know why, but I'd been thinking about my childhood thoughts on the road and I figured why not try and relate the two?  So, the first thought that came to mind was how it says in the bible to walk in the dark and be the light.  Well, there are lights on the front of our car too. We can drive in the dark and be a light. 


No comments: