Saturday, July 24, 2004

Dance Fest Car Show
 
Yesterday evening we did the street evangelism; Crystal, me, Leo, Darren, John, Jason, Brian, Erik, Julie H, Tammy, and Kathy.  It went really well I thin.  Right when we got there Kathy pulled me over to talk to this group of goth kids.  They seemed like they felt really awkward so I told them to come to our youth group and that it was really fun.  But their friends had left so they had to go.  Throughout the night I saw them a few times, but it wasnt until a few hours later that I actually got to talk to them.  These two boys were asking me about the kind of music I listen to.  I told them I listen to all kinds but I mentioned christian heavy metal.  Rackets and Drapes, Kutless, Skillet.  Those were the basic bands I told them about.  I kept telling them that were not the kind of church that listens to light music. I think they were pretty interested in what we were saying. I think they would come but I really cant tell.  If I were them Id feel way too awkward, like I were imposing or something.  I just really hope they do.  One of the boys said he was going to burn in hell, and that he had comitted horrible sins that could never be forgiven.  I started telling him there was no sin that couldnt be forgiven but Im not sure if he really believed me.  I know the Lord allowed me to plant seeds though, there were many other people I talked to.  Like these three guys Chris, Anthony and Chris.  One of the Chris' seemed really interested in coming and he said he'd definately be seeing us next week on Sunday morning.  Oh man, anyone who reads this please just pray that the Lord will open the doors to them to come. I had my first real conversations last night and I feel so accomplished.  I cant wait to get out there and witness again.  I just need to remember every person I see is a soul to be saved.  Something happened in the past few days that really hit home for me.  This lady, Winnie, was killed by her husband, as was her four year old son.  My mom worked with Winnie.  Same department I think.  She say this lady everyday, and never talked to her about God.  We dont know if she was saved, and that is really hard to deal with when you know you could have talked to them.  I know it wasn't me, because I never met her, but its the same way with people at school, or anywhere for that matter.  It really set my mind straight on the way I need to look at things.
 
Well, Theo... Ah, I dont even know what to do.  He prayed the prayer that morning, monday...but I dont know.  I warned him the devil would attack and that he really needed to stay in Gods word strongly, considering he didnt have christians out there to keep him accountable.  By going by what he wrote in his journal, I feel like satan is really getting to him and hes not staying on guard.  I called him last night to see if he wanted to sleepover and go to youth group and church, because he wanted to earlier this week and Darren offered to drive him.  But when I called he said he was going to Minnesota this weekend so he couldnt.  I was fine with that, but I had to go because we were walking to the street fair and I could barely hear him so I said so and then bye.  I thought it was fine but in his journal he said he was annoyed. I dont know but everyone just pray for him because its so obvious hes not staying strong.  I want to think he is, but I can see, just going by that journal entry hes struggling.  Maybe it was just the moment he was writing and was venting, I hope thats all. But being away all weekend, its going to be hard to fight off satan while not reading the bible, not being around christians, and not having christian music around to listen to.  I know he has God but as he said in his journal, he still has doubts. :-(  Pray guys, please.  I know the Lord can work in him and guard him but he needs to want that also.  I dont know where hes at anymore and it worries me.  ::long sigh:: Pray..

No comments: