Monday, July 19, 2004

- Saved - 
 
Well, the weekend was eventful. Friday morning through Monday Morning Theo slept over. Friday we went to Jewel and has the weirdest experience. We were in the check out lines and we split up for optimum time effiency.  Whichever line moved faster.  Well, mine was so I called him over but the guy behind me was like "Oh no..I dont think so.. no no" And I was in shock..I said "Well..I mean, hes with me..." The guy started laughing and said hes just kidding.  He said were supposed to say "bread and butter!" when were in two lines like that and one makes it first.  So, he started talking to us and telling us really weird things.  He asked if we were a couple and I said we were brother and sister. Lol. Close enough.  It was very humerous.. There was a TV guide picture for this new movie "Anchorman" and Theo asked me if I had seen previews for it.  I said no, and I dont want to see it because the TV guide looked dirty.  The guy behind us said "What? Dirty? Oh no...thats nothing. I walk around the house in a speedo. One time the old lady walked in. I mean, if you got it, flaunt it."  It was so funny! I could not believe it. This 60-70 year old man was telling us about walking around in a speedo! Lol.  Never in my life.... haha.  
 
Well, anyway, that evening we saw " I, Robot" which was pretty good..just a one time see movie though.  Then we went to Tiffanys for an hour and then to my cousins. We all (Theo, Crystal, Jill, Jax, and me) went to the carnival by their house.  I'd say there were two highlights that night.  One, this rapper, The "Dennius Weilman" project (Denum) preformed some songs.  They were about God, so we talked to him and he gave us two free CD's which was really cool. Though, after listening to some of his other songs we found hes not entirely all for Gof in his lyrics.  The next thing was on the walk back to the car; Theo was doing cartwheels.  He did about 8 in a row, but then ran into a bush!! HAHA! I forgot to tell him it was in his path. So he fell on his butt then just jumped up and said "Im good." Ah, it was great.  
 
 Saturday we went to Christens party.  Also very eventful.  I talked with Theo about God and he told me what all he was thinking.  Where he was at in his search for the right religion.  He was telling me how wicca wasnt feeling..right anymore.  But still he had his doubts about christianity.  But, the downside was...we ended up taking a walk, and by the time we got back they had sent out 6 people to look for us. It was kinda a big thing because half the group had already left for Roots. Things turned out okay though..its over now.  
 
 Sunday. Church and the concert.  Church for Theo wasnt too good. He kinda tuned it all out.  His favorite part was when Judy came and talked to him after service.  Then Julia handed him a note. The concert was awesome.  We missed KJ-52 which bit the big one! I was really upset, as was Jill. But we got there just in time to see Skillet who rocked! Though they preformed the same songs as last time. Matthew West was great.  Same songs from Festival I think..maybe a few more.  He didnt play my favorite but it was really touching. I really liked his preformance.  My next favorite was Audio Adrenaline.  They were amazing. Im definately going to go out and get their CD. They gave this speach about going all the way for God and being ready to make the ultimate sacrifice.  It rocked.    The highlight and most amazing thing that happened this weekend was that Theo accepted Christ into his heart!!!!!!!!!!! He prayed the prayer this morning.. Everyone is so happy! Jackie, Jill, Jules, Erik, everyone! This is so amazing! Yet again I see the Lord answer specific prayer! YAY!

No comments: