Thursday, June 24, 2004

New York City Population: 8.1 million

Well, all week I have been getting things for New York. Mom bought me alot because she doesnt like my clothes..they embarass her. Oh well. She was given the chance to work overtime finally so she made a few hundred dollars, which is what she spent on me and Crystal. I got 2 new pants, 2 new shirts, some socks and other things, new shoes, a hat, and a new hoodie..shampoo..a shaver..so yeah. Im excited.

We're leaving tomorrow... Im not sure if I fully grasp that yet. In my head Im like "yeah..were leaving. But until I really think about leaving and what Im going for, I dont get the gitters." Tonight, I have to finish packing, catch up in the bible reading (I let myself slip away in reading since school let out) and clean the house..and watch The Green Mile.

So I have been doing the funniest things again. We bought a few new CD's for the train ride, and I was in the car trying to open "Sanctus Real: Turn the Tides" It would not open. I was struggling with the plastic wrap so I said under my breath "I hate you you monsterous peice of plastic!" Lol. It didnt seem all that funny until Crystal started cracking up.

Also, when were situated on the train and there is a silence..Im going to look around, then jump up and go "R-E-S-P-E-C-T thats what it means to me. Sock it to me, Sock it to me, Sock it to me, Sock it to me! while swinging my arms back and forth. Oh, and another thing peple find to be funny is when I just say "Im content" and nod. Jill thinks its funny and Theo was cracking up online when I said it.. Ahh..good times.

Hmm. I got the Thousand Foot Krutch CD for $7.99, the Skillet "Hey you I love your soul" CD for $6.99 but I only payed $3.50 because Crystal paid for the other half, FuseBox, and Crystal got Sanctus Real. Lots of new CD's..

Today I went to the laundry mat to do some laundry before I go..I met this older man there who started talking to me as I was munching on Fridos. He wanted to see how many calories it had. Random huh? He followed in telling me how his wife is trying to make him eat 1200 or less caloories per day and that he was dying to get some fridos to eat with tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwhich (and pour the fridos in the soup instead of crackers) It was all very funny. Also at the laundry mat, we were watching Who wants to be a millionaire (however its spelled!*). After that show Mom showed up, hah, and I was watching the news. They said "Chicago is shrinking!
1. New York - 8.1 million
2. Los Angelos - (dont remember)
3. Chicago - 3.1 million
This worried me...I thought Chicago was busy and had a lot of people..but..New York has 5 million more!!! Im not good with big crowds. It makes me cranky and I just get really frusterated..so, thats one of my top prayers now. EEH!

Went to a prayer meeting last night. It was nice. I really like it when people come together for prayer..its comforting and its so much stronger. While everyone was praying..in my head I started praying for Theo, Paul, Jesse, Phil..and just all my friends who haven't come to know the Lord, or like in Jesse's case, is struggling.

Welp, this is my last post before New York so people, please keep the youth group and church in prayer. And really the city of New York to be open and willing to hear Gods word when we're there. Be back in 10 days (july 3rd!) WOOH!

No comments: