Sunday, June 20, 2004

New Yok Cit-ae!

Well. We're leaving for New York in five days! Well, closer to four days. Things are coming along nicely. On Saturday we had the team building activity and it was terrifying! We had to go 25 feet off the ground and walk on wire/ropes! We were in a harness and it was compeletely safe, but something about it is really scary. I did four of the activities and then got off. Crystal did one. Everyone else attempted them all. Erik missed ou, which stinks because besides the fear factor element it was fun.
This morning in church they had everyone going to New York go up and they prayed over us. Then when we get back they said we will have to share our experiences. What I find really cool though is that were the first youth to go on a mission trip. Were also the first to go in our church. Meaning, its our church doing this, and thats it. And its really cool to know that we are the original youth group. When new generations come to that church, we will be the references people make. "Well, our first youth group went on a mission trip to New York.." Lol, I think its really cool. My adopt a youth partner gave me a list of great verses and my own "when you menu." Its really cool.

Hm, friends. Tiffani's birthday party was fun. Im not sure if she liked it too much, i hope she did. I just wrote her the card and Crystal painted her a faerie. Jill, TIff, and I stayed up until about 4:00 a.m. We went to the work out room and hung outt while everyone else was sleeping.

And I talked to Jesse. We almost stopped talking all togehter, but I think things are going to be okay.

Theo is not mad at me anymor about the "vibe thing" He did say something though.. He said "i mean...........when ever you are debating with someone.......you allways have to be right......its allways....either your way or highway........and when ever i disagree with you...i hold my tounge...most of the time....just because i know that my head will get bitten off....and why bother argueing when its allways a fight to the death...and naomi is allways the victor." I dont know if its true...i feel like its not, but then again of course I would. I asked Jesse if Im like that and he said no, not at all.. Maybe hes trying to be nice though. But what he said i that I always back down in debates because I dont want to make anyone mad. That Im really careful about what I say and that in no way have I ever had to be the victor with him. But yeah, maybe Im different with different people? I dont know, I must be at fault in some way otherwise he wouldnt think that.

Umm. There is a Skillet concert (among other bands) on July 18th. Mom told me it was on the Fish Radio Station. She wants to go..but shes not sure if she can. I have to go! I just gave to. muahaha! CONCERT, WOOH! Im joining the upcoming bible study in church on Proverbs. It should be good and Im excited. Welp, signing out now.

No comments: