Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Stuffed Dog
Sometimes at night, I think about that day.
And images of his last minutes blur inside my head.
Until they become very clear.
These images haunt me in my woken hours,
Not only in my slumber.
Sometimes, I think I see him.
I later realize it was all in my head.
I get hallusinations.
More often now than ever before.
At night, I think about the day my life hit bottom,
and there was no ladder to help me out
No person around to help me up the steps to sanity
I was all alone.
Its almost always been this way,
But atleast before I had him.
To cry with and hug in my darkest hours.
He was my light
At night, I think about that day. And it makes me scared to think Im alone,
Engulfed in darkness, with nothing to hug
But a stuffed animal wearing his green and black striped winter sweater
At night, I think about that day, and,
I never want the morning to come
Because at night, if I happen to fall asleep,
Hes there.
And I dont want to ever leave.
The pain when I awake, knowing hes not there, is unable to bare.
And doing that every morning is ludicrous.
At night, I think about that day.
And I cant help but wear myself down and cry.

No comments: