Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Snyders Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Bites
It has been a few days since I last updated so here goes. I read my last post and I realized how personal it was. I dont know why I wrote that and I was actually about to delete the entire post but I decided that just isn't right. So whatever, I'll let people make of it what they will. ::Sigh:: On a better note I finished painting the living room green. It's very bright. The first day was fun, jamming to classical music and all. Day two was not as fun but still okay. It was all good until I got to the ceiling, at which point I wanted to cry. My muscles hurt so bad and it was like the paint wasnt going on. I would roll the paint on, but barely anything showed up, so it was very frusterating. Personally, I like it. The only flaws I see are that the ceiling is blotchy (which looks somewhat cool) and the edges are lighter. But it's all good because its done, bright, and fun. "Amelie" meets "Pride and Prejudice." But anyway. I went out with my mom today; we went to K-Mart where I got Snyder pretzels and two posters. One is for "The Butterfly Effect" and one is a cross with a verse from Luke on it. So that was pretty cool. Then we went to "Barnes and Noble" and she bought me a book called "The Threshhold" by Bill Myers. The guy at the register said it was a good book so I'm looking forward to reading it. I actually wanted to get "The Arena" which I heard a lot about (it was being compared to "The Last Guardian" which I love much. ) So now I am back at home. I hung up my posters and now I am just waiting for 6:30 to come when we will leave for youth group. I think after youth group were all going out to IHOP with some of the youth. That could be fun because this time Dad gave us each $10.00, but I am not about to spend my money on food! Eck, no thanks. It will be good though. Speaking of (sort of) I realized the thing I struggle with a lot, the thing that stumbles me. Not music like so many people, and not movies. Books. Yes, those things with like a million sheets of paper stacked up and binded together. That is what stumles me. Those ancient things people used to small fonts in and fill the pages with long words. You see, when I read I like to really get into the book and try and relate to the character. I think I like to pretend I am the main character and imagine Im going through everything they are. (Thats what everyone does, right?) Well, the problem with that is some of the books I read have the main characters as psycho murderers. (I.E. Books by Dean Koontz) It stinks because he is a good writer and all his books are so out there crazy, its intriguing. I have about 1 of his books and about 5 of them I have yet to read. I really want to, but I know the last time I was reading his books I got in a dark mood more often. Im not sure if the books are to blame but I figure it didnt help pull me out of the pit. Then there is my "Circle of Three" series. It was interesting and I want to re-read them but I know it cant help me in my walk with God so why bother I guess. Charmed is kind of out of the picture for the most part. Sometimes I'll see the new merchandise, like the new action figures and the new game and new books that I really want to buy but then I remember I dont like Charmed. I think after 5 years of being obsessed it's a bit harder to get over than I thought. The show is interesting and easy to watch. I dont feel like it stumbles me, reading the books or watching the show, but like so many people keep telling me, if it doesnt draw me closer to God its not something I should be doing. I really dont know, I guess Im just in a slump. Besides that...I am doing alright. I have to catch up in the bible reading and my proverbs study though. Okay, lastly there is just school. I want to lose a few pounds before it starts, hopefully 10 lbs is realistic enough. Not really to pick up a guy, like I said before that not what Im looking into anymore, but just, to be confident I guess. To fit into clothes better, be healthy, blah blah. lol. For the first half of the year I have to work out hard anyway to stay in shape for gym in the second half of the year. Guh, apparantly there is more on my mind than I thought there was when I began this post. Just one more thing to say and then I will shut up. Today in the car on the way to K-Mart, mom started talking about this movie she rented and how it reminded her of Tobi. -_- When will people get that I dont want to talk about it?! Its been almost an exact year since it happened -August 27th.. :-( - She was bringing up some old stories about him and I just had to tell her to be quiet. She followed in saying "yeah.. he really was just your dog.. you guys were close. He was like your best friend, huh?" I dont know why she got into that, but I just ignored it and changed the subject. Ive been thinking about him a lot lately but I didnt think anyone else was. Im about to say another personal thing and Im already debating whether or not to say it! lol. I have issues. Okay, I guess I was just going to say that the main and real reason Ive been so down, letting things get to me so easily is because Ive been thinking about him so much lately. I miss him. A lot. But oh well. Im done writing when the tears come. lol. Until next time.

No comments: