Sunday, August 15, 2004

Evangalism 101
Last night I was up until 2:30 am chatting with this guy I met a long time ago in a chatroom I think. We didnt talk for a really long time and even when we did we barely, if ever, had a real conversation. Well, lately he started IM'ing me and I just figured he was bored but it turned out he had something he wanted to talk about and it came out last night. Apparantly his friend got him into practicing chi. (I think thats a middle eastern/asian practice when you draw energy from things.) He sent me to a site to get a better understanding of what it was and when I got there, it was soo dark. Talking about being vampires and just, totally pagan. There was actually a link about using darkness to fight child abuse..? Doesnt make sense to me, but oh well. We talked from 12:00 until 2:30, just about religion and all this stuff. I asked him a lot of questions, and he answered in honesty Im pretty sure. The coolest thing was when he said he had this empty feeling inside. This is how that part of the conversation went:
Him: as the site says, there are awakening periods. I might not be a vampire, I might be-- I dont know. What I do know is that I have a taste for energy because even now I feel the lack there off. When I center, or feed from a person..I feel a tingling feeling..but it feels good...feels right. When my "hunger"..its a tingling..but it feels empty..
Him: I know its dangerous, hence why I am careful..VERY careful, until I fully understand.
Me: Yeah..I know exactly about the hunger feeling.. wanting to fill it.. and it always being there..
Me: But, I found something that filled it completely.. and im always 100% satisfied.. its amazing really
Him: ok..soo..what is it you found?
Me: Oh..well, this is going to sound so stupid to you and you will probably roll your eyes. But, I found God.. It took me 14 years.. and the three last ones were... nuts.. I was cutting myself.. just, doing some pretty crazy things. But, by the end of all the pain I found God and he brought me up out of it all.
Him: I dont think its stupid at all. Some people find that is what the need, others require more.
Me: More? How do you mean?
Him: like--they might have god in there life, but they might still feel empty. So many things fit to ones needs. I know it sounds greedy, but in truth, humans in general are greedy
So, it went on from there but I just thought it was so interesing. Im not sure if I said anything that really, popped.. Nothing that could shoe him Christs love. I felt like I was a babbling fool, but maybe God brought him to me to plant seeds? I dont know, but when I was searching that site man, it was so tempting. Like, little thoughts were in my head just being like "ooh, vampires.. draw energy.. ooh, fun" and it took me so much to just ignore it and pray. I thought it was so crazy how satan was trying to get at me so obviously and the thoughts were still there. I know I dont want to be involved in that stuff and its crazy how satan plants things in us that poke us right where were potentially weak. Thankfully, I have God on my side and He can fight it off for me, and He did. Well, that was cool. But besides that, I got up at about 8:30 (I actually got to sleep at 3:30 am) so I was pretty tired. Church was good, Tony taught again. After church Crystal, Ryan, and me hung out at Eriks house before the street evangelism. Sonja and I teamed up and got in a conversation with this girl, Katie. Her life was just so hard. We talked to her for about 2 hours..the whole time we were there. A part of me was just thinking like.. is this really productive? I mean, I brought up God a few times and she told us a bit about what she knew but she didnt seem too interested in talking about it. She said she wants to know who Jesus is, and she said she believes in him. Said she saw the Passion movie and was totally torn apart, but I think a part of her is just holding back. Maybe in fear, or I dont know what. But she finally had to leave and the rest of the group was waiting for us so yeah. Right before Sonja and I started praying for her she ran up and asked for our numbers. We gave them to her and she just told us how much fun she had talking to us, and that we were really her friends. It was cool because right when I started to think that she wasnt the one we were supposed to be talking to the whole time, God just told me He has us do what He wants us to, and He will do His will with anyone we talk to. So, maybe we need to plant more seeds.. maybe she just needed someone to listen to her, show her that people do care. Maybe she'll contact us, maybe not. Just pray for her anyone, she has a rough life and needs the Lord in it. Anyway, Im exausted so Im out. Write later.

No comments: