Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Under Attack
Well, quite a bit has actually happened since I last posted. Don (my friend Charisse's grandpa, my pastors father in law..and a close friend so hundreds of people) passed away thursday night last week. The wake was on Monday and the funeral on Tuesday. I didnt go because Crystal didnt have enough gas plus we didnt personally know him.. but I hear about it. For one thing, and it really makes me happy; a lot of people got saved at his funeral. That is just the coolest thing! Like.. I want people to get saved at my funeral! What better way to go, seriously?! That is just, so cool. Secondly..there was a nurse at the funeral..a friend of Dons I guess, and she saw how pale Jasmine was. (Jasmine is the neice of Don.) The nurse told Julie (the mom) to take Jasmine to the hospital because she was too pale. So, later Jasmine was taken to the hospital and she has leukemia (sp?) That just like.. is so horrible. But something that makes the mood lightened is that we know the pastors family and the Miz's are so strong in their walks with the Lord, such a threat to satan as they spread the truth around that the devil was so compelled to attack them in all these areas. But the Lord knows they can handle it. Ah, I love that theyre so strong in the Lord the devil feels the need to attack. Anyway, tonight at youth group nobody was there really. No Jill, no Jackie, no Jules, No Erik. Though Dan was there.. The message was awesome though. About 10 people went up at the end to dedicate the month of October to focusing completely on the Lord. A lot of the other kids just left.. but still, 10 people is truely amazing. I was just sitting in my seat and praying for them and for Dan. Well, Im sick of typing. Though there are other things I could say.. like how the pictures I took of tiff, jill, jax, and reese came out pretty good and how i printed about 10 pages in black and white at the library today.. or how these kids at school call me "Jesus Lover" and how other kids (i.e. seth) put their hands up in an 'X' mark when they see my christian clothes... This kid Dave was laughing when he saw my shirt today (Says "Jesus Saves, The offer still stands.") but then later he apologized.. Anyway, as I said before, there are other things I can talk about but Im not particularly interested in journaling lately. Quickly, I'll say that Darren is back from his mission trip to Egypt and I cant wait to hear about it. I got the new Hilary Duff CD and I really like it, though now I owe Crystal $10.00. I am applying at Hallmark this week and trying to get a work permit so please keep that in prayer. And also keep the talent show in prayer because I want it to be really awesome and I dont know what Im going to wear. :-)

No comments: