Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Naomi got asked out (not just a catchy title!) EHH!

Well, a lot has KINDA been happening. Im going to start with today and make my way back as far as I can remember; as far as updates go. For one thing, after school today! Crystal had to go to Art Club for an officers meeting so I was sitting outside for an hour waiting. I didnt really have a problem with it. I could have gone to a club but I just felt like chilling. So okay, Im walking around for about 20 minutes by the front doors. A few thoughts pop into my head about witnessing or being a good example but I didnt act on it. Im just walking, and looking, and walking, and looking, right? Okay, so I see this small note on the ground and naturally, I think "Ooh juicy!" You know, thinking it had potential to put in my book, so I pick it up. It was Isaiah 50:4. It reads: "The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the Learned that I should know how to speak a word in season to (him that is) weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned." So, I just intepreted it as...God telling me Ive heard the truth and know it. I can talk about it to the weary/people who dont know what I do. So I went and sat on a bench. A few seconds after I did this boy walks up to sit on the bench beside the one I was on and I just said 'hi' to be friendly. He asked if he could sit by me and I was just like 'oh yeah, sure..' You know, I figured it was a good oppurtunity to talk about the Lord. First impression, nice kid.. Had clammy hands.. (I know because when we introduced ourselves he shook my hand.. his name was Matthew) Well anyway, we started talking. I asked a lot of questions to just get to know him, be friendly.. set the air to a calmer feeling. Anyway, asked him his name, obviously, year in school (sophomore), age (15), some classes he has (only mensioned gym and lunch is A), what kind of car he wanted (a lambrigini [sp?] ), where he wanted to travel (Rome)... what kind of music he likes (hilary duff..ashlee simpson) you know, just random questions. I asked what kind of things he does afterschool.. oddly enough.. >_> he said he is selling his moms couch on Ebay without her knowing.. Anyway, asked him if he goes to church.. Said he goes to Willow Creek. -_- Um, yeah. I just asked some things like if hes involved in a youth group (yes) ect. He swore and I made a face and hes just like "oh you dont like swearing? Im sorry" He asked me if I have a boyfriend.. (stupidly..force of habit, I said no.. but the truth is I do.. right now as I said before Jesus is my boyfriend and Im dedicated to Him.. ) So yeah.. I kinda get the feeling hes a bit slow BECAUSE (yes i have a reason) he asked me out! Gr. It was horrible! I said no..I didnt know him.. and hes like "well, I can meet you at lunch and we can talk.." And I was just like.. uh, no, Im sorry.. Made sure he wasnt upset..but yeah.. I hope he doesnt come out to lunch where I sit tomorrow. Yikes, hes a nice kid but... I just didnt know what to do in that situation. Well, yeah.. that was definately the weirdest thing today.. er, all year so far. Besides that.. nothing too much really highlights. I may update later.. A small note... Theo is upset with me.. not tooo sure why. Melody went to youth group Saturday and enjoyed it at first but after thinking it over she felt a bit uncomfortable with the topic.. Dad found out I may want to move in with my ma and things are getting tense.. Crystal says Im a selfish brat... >_> Anyway, thats all for now.

No comments: