Monday, June 30, 2003

When it all went down
I found myself thinking tonight. About when I was a kid. Specifically, about the night that my life went wrong. I remember, I was sitting in the living room watching Full House with Crystal. Dad came home from work, and as usual, we had hamburger helper for dinner. Later that night, uncle Don and his boyfriend, Rick, came over. Rick brought beer with him, and started drinking. He got drunk, and my Dad asked him to leave. But Rick rudely refused. I'll never forget, he was playing with this bouncy purple and white tye-dyed ball, and bouncing it all around like a mad man. Anyway, my Dad continued to ask Rick to leave, and proceeded in asking Don to take Rick home. But then Don refused. My Dad asked my Mom to ask them to leave, and she asked them once, but they wouldnt. My Dad eventually called the police. The police made Rick and Don leave. After they left, Mom and Dad got into a fight. Then, me and my sister got into a fight. Soon enough, my mom was chasing my sister around the kitchen table, and I was standing in the corner of the kitchen with Tobi, watching, scared. My Dad came downstairs and yelled at my mom for trying to hit Crystal. Crystal ran upstairs, and I was standing there, watching Mom and Dad fight. When Mom ran upstairs, Dad followed her up to their room and I ran up to the room that me and Crystal shared. We were both crying. Then, Mom ran into our room and tripped over a huge stuffed animal and fell against the wall. Dad followed in and was yelling at her. She called my aunt Kathy, and had her and her kids come over. Jackie, Julia, Jill, and Kathy tried to persuade us to go over to their house, telling us it would be really fun. I didnt want to go, but they had convinsed my sister, and she packed her bag. Soon enough, Crystal was bugging me to go too. I yelled and told them I didnt want to and said that it was a trick. I was only 9 at this time. Well, I ran down the hall and layed in bed next to Dad, who was sitting and watching TV. I gave him a hug and told him I didnt want to go. He hugged me and tried to tell me it would be fun. I explained to him that I thought he wouldnt be there when I got back. He gave me a big hug and promised he'd never leave. Well, I went. And Mom was late picking us up in the morning. She said she had gone to see Titanic with Don. We didnt believe her because she had no idea what the movie was about when we asked her what her favorite part was. We got home, and Dad wasnt there. She said he went to work. But Dad never came home that night. Or the night after. He finally called on Monday morning, and told me and Crystal that he wasnt coming back home. Mom had filed an order of protection against him, and we could only see him for 2 hours every Tuesday and Thursday. Um. Well, we had to live with mom for a year or so. Until the court finally ruled my Mom was nuts..haha, and we moved in with Dad. Mom only hit us a few times...We called DCFS on her 2 times, but they didnt believe what we said. Oh well. Thats when my life starting going down. Living with Dad has been hard...His jobs are on and off...And he has gotten injured a few times. Right now, Im hoping we all make it through this time. I find myself thinking of that night on a daily basis now. I havent ever in my life told anyone about that night, and Im hoping that by writing it in his journal thing, I can get over it. I dont know though. Right now, my heart feels heavy. Yet, it feels empty. I just cant wait for this feeling to go away.

No comments: