Thursday, June 26, 2003

Doctor Doctor!
Dad had to go see a doctor. The cut on his finger looked infected. Doc put him on some weird medication..for high blood pressure. Well, we later found this medication was giving Dad episodes where he couldnt talk or walk...Well, on a Tuesday morning Dad went to the hospital because he was so completely out of it. I wont go into details..but it was bad. I went to school that day..it was so hard. Emanuel and Sylvia were talking about getting in trouble or something..I didnt listen much. How could I?! My mind was pretty busy thinking about Dad. And that Thursday night...I was online, talking to some buddies, and I just got really sad. I got offline, and started crying. The pictures on the wall...the couches..everything has a memory with Daddy. I found myself in my room, trying to go to sleep, but I was crying so hard I literally couldnt breathe, and I got up. I sat up in bed and was choking as I breathed the air in. I cried for so long. The thought that no matter where I went Dad would still be sick...and I just felt so stuck! Suicide seemed to be the only option, and that was scary. Well, anyway. The doctors finally came to the conclusion that the medication that the first doctor put Dad on had caused some bacteria thing to form in his brain..And the end result that they came up with was that he had to get his bypass surgery, from 30 years ago, reversed. About a month or so after figuring this out, Dad gets the surgery. He was also going to get a gastric bypass done, but once they opened him up, his tissue was too thin and they were unable to preform that one. They did the reversal though. That was on Friday, June 13. (Peter had said my Dad had his birthday wishes, since that day was his birthday! ^_^ ) Well, for 2 days after the surgery Dad couldnt talk, or anything. Drink, eat, nothing. By monday he was able to suck on ice chips and moisten his throat. Thats when we finally got to talk to him. Throughout the week, Dad started drinking coffee, and chicken broth and pop. He was chewing gum too! But then, the doctors found his bowel movement wasnt doing anything.. (Meaning that he wasnt pooping or peeing, or having any gas..which was bad) SO NOW! Dad is back on only ice chips..He is really just sick of this and wants to come back home. And I must admit, I miss him so much. I mean, I miss everything. Mostly the little things..Like just, the smell of Dad cooking dinner..it doesnt smell the same when I cook it.. ::tear:: The worst was on Fathers day. Sunday, June 15th, though. I couldnt help but think of when Dad bought me and crystal a rose on Fathers day.

No comments: