Thursday, August 03, 2006

This morning I watched Dawson's Creek. I still love that show and I'm not ashamed to admit it; the same way I'll gladly admit that I'm a Hilary Duff fan. Every morning this week I try to watch Dawson’s Creek but it's on at 8:00 am. Because I can't go to sleep early enough to be able to wake up on time I don't go to sleep until after the show. This much implies that I go to sleep at 9:00 a.m. Besides that, I haven’t really been up to anything. I get real bored often and because I'm so bored I can't bring myself to enjoy doing anything. Inconveniently that means I still have a lot to read before school starts. To my misfortune, school starts on the 23rd this year - though every other year it started the 28th. -_- This change is most unwelcome but alas, there is nothing that can be done. I am halfway through 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' which I really enjoy reading. It's very cynical and almost dark. I just recently started 'Pride and Prejudice' and I'm still halfway through "Cat's Cradle" which I've found to become rather boring. I still have to read 'Merchant of Venice' and 'Fahrenheit 451' on top of finishing a poetry book by John Donne. That being said, I have much more to do before the summers end. Anyway, that is what I have been up to. On Saturday I might go out to the store and pick up some things (an IPod, V for Vendetta, a Pods coffeemaker, Titanic Special Edition DVD, and maybe some shoes). On Sunday Crystal and I are going to hang out with our old friend, Shannon, whom we haven’t talked to in a real long time but recently came back into contact. Yesterday I was looking up different colleges that I may want to attend; I think I have my sights set too high. I chose these so far: Illinois Wesleyan, Roosevelt College, Weaton, Barnard, Columbia, Elmhurst, Emerson, Reed, North Central, and Monmouth. Otherwise there is nothing else to report on.

No comments: