Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I Miss My Routine!
So today was the first day back to school - it was miserable. I could swear that I didn't sleep a wink last night and nothing exciting happened the whole day so it was not at all easy to stay awake. First block was Law and that was alright - I thought I was one of the only seniors in the class because everyone looked so small but it turned out that at least half were seniors. The course sounds fun because its all about debating what's fair and what not but at the same time I do not excel at graded discussion which turned out to be the whole of the class.

For second block I had AP English and it was, to say the least, overwhelming. They distributed "Crime and Punishment" today and we have to read the first past by Sept. 7 with a 1-2 page analysis on each chapter! On top of that we have to prepare for our (3) summer reading essays/tests! AND we have to read this article about essay writing and then anylize it. AND it doesnt end there - every week we have to read a current event article and write an anylsis on it all the while we have vocab words to define. I think that's enough said for AP english...

So after that I had Astronomy. That's a class I can get behind. I didn't know that for every star there are planets orbiting them... like we orbit the sun. That's crazy! For homework we mostly have to look at stars; which I think is funny because I cant imagine it ever getting clear enough to really see stars in the sky so I guess that means no Astronomy homework?! And after all that I had lunch and seminar which were probably the worst parts of the day. I hate being in school when I have no class to be in - especially when I'm exhausted. And not only that but there isnt anyone in my seminar to talk to.

It doesn't even feel like senior year - I keep referring to last years seniors as seniors, even though my class has taken their place. It's just weird. So that was my day - miserable. And almost worst of all - I cant journal numerous times a day and I cant drink my many cups of coffee!

No comments: