Monday, January 03, 2005

When the police come knockin'

On Sunday, my Dad's friend, Mike, was trying to get ahold of him. My Dad isnt too fond of this Mike guy so he didnt answer the phone, plus he was sleeping. Well, Mike [my dads friend] called the police "in fear dad was dead." lol. So the cops came and went into my dads room with flashlights and such! Funny stuff. But anyway.
I've been thinking about "New Years Resolutions" or goals Im making for myself in the coming year. Im pretty glad it's a new year because it's a fresh new start (which, we actually get everyday but it doesn't feel the same!). I decided I am going to write a page a day, with the exception of up to six poems, replacing one of those pages, per day. I have to get in the habbit of writing even when Im "not in the mood." Makin' it a habbit.
Much like the prayer study Heidi is leading. We're learning how to make constant prayer throughout the day a habbit. I'll admit, it's hard but doable. I was Definately slacking over winter break but Im getting back in the swing of things now that school started.
I realized I cant change my schedule too often because it throws me off a lot. Why is it that we can train ourselves to stay up late within three-four days but it takes months to train ourselves to go to bed early? Yeah, getting up this morning for school was pretty HARRible. But luckily we have a late start tomorrow; we start at 9:10 so we can leave the house at 8:45 instead of 6:45. Yay. And classes are only an hour long instead of an hour and a half.
So I really love this Simple Plan song, "Welcome to my life." It's so catchy! Hah. Constantly stuck in my head, but Im sure not about to go out and buy the CD. I have other things I want to spend my money on, not to mention I have to start saving for a lot. (A computer, a tv for my room, upcoming missions..etc)
Speaking of missions, I have one this weekend! We're going downtown for two nights -friday and saturday night- to help out with things. As far as Im aware, It's not so much about witnessing but about learning and helping, lending our hands for things. Which is great, Im so glad to help and Im excited to see what I learn. On the plus side also, we are not going to miss 'The Voice of the Matyrs' coming to our church on Sunday, since we'll be coming back that morning. It's all good, it's just all good.

No comments: