Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A day in the life
Today was our first late start. School started at 9:10 and classes were only an hour long. It was good, I liked it better. I felt more rested, for the most part. We filmed so extra footage in photography for our video but things have so wrong that it will be hard to salvage something good. You see, they had to completely re build all the computers in the lab so everything we had saved on our drive was deleted. I didnt have time to finish backing up all my video clips so I only had 2. Lauren, Ruth, and Mickey thought they had it but it turned out they dont so we lost the three base clips with Ruth singing the whole song, the day we went out in the snow for behind the scene footage, and the black screen Mr.Beattie helped us do. It stinks much but Im sure I can manage to pull something together. On the plus side, we only have dancing so I can put the moves to a KJ-52 song or something.
Drawing class was so stressful. We had to put this static page over our projects (assetate or something). Mrs. Surtz told us to hold it one inch above our project and line it up before we put it down. Four of us did that but it was too close so the paper picked up the lead and when we put it down there was a huge smudge. Mrs. Surtz started freaking out, making a gigantic deal out of it. I mean, I know its a lot of money but it doesnt help to freak out. Well, I gave her a dollar and a few other kids owe her a dollar and she gave us a second one. I finished and it's all good now. So Im just working on my figure drawing of Jill which I'll color of pencil, not pastel!
In Journalism we had to critisize some articles in the paper before lunch. After lunch we had to write four stories by the end of class. Me and Sancha finished (we were partners) but I know mine weren't written too well.
At lunch I was doing my math homework when this guy walked up to me. I would see him come into the computer lab for second block when I was leaving first. One time I asked him to let this thing finish loading for 5 minutes and then log me off the computer because I had to get to class, and he did. But I didnt really know, so when he came up to me in the library I was a bit surprised. He just asked if I got the thing loaded in and everything and I just said yes, but the truth is I didnt check yet. lol. He sat down at the table I was at and said his name was Josh. We were just chatting for about a half hour about random stuff.. Music, Books, Classes, and a small bit about religion. Then he asked for my screen name so I gave it to him and left for class.
In Math class I was going to show James the verse that says not to hold grudges. I thought it was in Matthew 5 but it wasnt so I was looking for the verse that says to forgive 7 times 70 or something, but couldn't find it. So we were jokingly calling eachother liars and what not. I said I'd show him tomorrow and it turned out to be in Matthew 18:21-22 (I think.) This is why scripture memory is so important!
So Ma' picked me up from school and we listened to "Downhere." They're actually a pretty awesome band. Mom was laughing a lot about their hidden track. Listen to it sometime if you get the chance! Then we pulled over because there was a lose black lab with a blue collar and I wanted to help it, somehow, but it ran into a backyard which I assume is his so I left it alone. I came home and signed online to check my mail. Josh instant messaged me and we were chatting for a bit. He told me he liked me and asked me out but I told him I had a commitment to God and such and he seemed to be understandable. So were just friends now. But I gotta' admit, I was extremely surprised by his asking me out because I didn't even know him. He did mention that when he met me there was something very different about me that most girls and I know it is Christ's light so I thought that was pretty cool. When Crystal got home I told her and it turned out they know eachother. They used to be friends but things kind of fell apart so he was anxious to talk to her again. I guess they're cool now. He was happy about that.
I did some layouts for my book. Like for "Rock Beats Scissors" I wrote on index cards a short sentence about a scene I had in mind for the book and when I finished (24) I put them in an order and now I have a basic plan for the book. I also started doing some intense profiling for "Inside a Shoebox" but I have problems with developing real characters so its going to need a lot of work.

1 comment:

Jason said...

You're writing a book? Excellent!