Thursday, March 25, 2004

See Spot Rock 2004!
The concert yesterday was great! It was the best and the worst concert Ive ever been to! Confused? Here's why. Skillet was there, and they are AWESOME! They are the best preformers Ive ever seen! They get the whole crowd going! It was great. I wanted them to play last, but they played 2nd to the last. So, they only played about 6 or 7 songs. Which stunk big time. But what I got to see what soooooo, GREAT! Bad points...Grits. Im probably making too big a deal out of this but they played some secular music..and it was so shocking. They started playing music from Beyonce and Outkast and I just didnt like that. Im sure theyre a christian band..(rappers) and its clear they have talent..but I guess they're just not something I like. Pillar was good..Im not sure I liked theyre preformance too much because they screamed a lot.. (which I like...but..)and I just didnt get into their music. Again, probably my fault because I didnt know the words...so yeah. I didnt like Big Dismal..Not my thing at all. Nothing against the band, just not my thing. 12 stones. Paul rocked it out! He got the crowd going!! He was funny too. He kept doing these robot moves. Good times. Let's see. It was cool...Pillar remembered my cousins from the time they met at the Jerry Springer set, so they were all talking. Pretty good stuff. Crystal got the girl drummer from Skillet's stick. She got it signed from all the memebers. I just had them sign my ticket. Lol. Its cool. The lead singer John is so cool. He wore this black fur coat, and hes soo nice. Actually, they were all so nice. Heh. I hope they come back to Chicago!
Well, the House of Blue was a nice place...I dont think its good for concert though. The floor was NOT made for that. When everyone started jumping..it was like I was jumping too because the floor just moved with them. I swear, I thought it was going to give in. So, that was weird. Also, there was bar surrounding the whole area, so it smelled. Ah well. I met this cool guy..I didnt catch his name. He said he was a youth pastor in Peroria (however its spelled) and yeah. He recognized me..I dont know why. Heh. Maybe we went to the same concert before?! Lol. Its funny though..at first he was bugging me because he sang SOO loud...like..he was right in my ear and I heard him more than the singers. But then I started talking to him and he was a really nice guy. I also met his friend, Amanda, and she was nice. She looked a bit familiar to me, but I didnt look familiar to her. heh. Ah well, it was cool. At the very last song, he tapped me on the shoulder and said bye. His eyes were kinda red...so I just said a quick prayer...in case something was wrong. I dont know, cant hurt, right?! That'd be cool if I ran into him again at another concert. Ah, good times. Well, thats how it went.

P.S. On Sunday, I DIDNT WATCH CHARMED! Yes, this is true. Its huge for me..and though it doesnt seem like much..its one of those small changes that nobody notices..but it makes the world of a difference to me. So, its really cool. Hehe.

No comments: