Saturday, June 10, 2006

Summer
Well, I just got out of school yesterday. It should be a happy thing because next year is my senior year and then I'm done but I’m not happy to have gotten out for summer. I was crying a lot yesterday - and that resulted in my getting a cold. Evidently when someone is depressed enough they get sick so I'm assuming that's what happened.

You see, usually on final days my Dad would pick me up and ask me if I wanted to go out to lunch. We'd go to Omega Restaurant and eat the bread and butter, get some coffee, and I'd get a grilled cheese and he'd get some breakfast plate. The last time we went I got a Cappuccino. I miss him. When I got out of finals on Thursday I asked my Ma if we could go to Target and get socks and she said no. Instead she went home and watched TV for a few hours - as if that was such a pressing matter. It's just so different. She didn’t ask how my finals went and that was the first thing my Dad would ask. Then he'd say how proud he was of me - all my ma does is point out my flaws.

She complains about how my grades are slipping (not taking into account the fact that my Dad just died, I have an entirely new living situation to adjust to, and I’m stressed) and then she wont buy me any of the 6 books I need to read this summer for AP English. I'm sorry but where is the sense in that. And now all summer I have to spend my time in this place with her. She yells all the time and I hate being around her. This is not what I'd call a happy summer. On top of that, in the next month I have to get rid of my dog. I knew that I would have to eventually but I hate that its coming.

You see, a month from now I am going to Cornerstone (a week long Christian concert) and my Ma wont take care of my dog. Anyway, my old neighbors friends is looking for a dog so sometime in the next week she wants to meet my dog and maybe take her on... It's good and all, especially because I refuse to send my dog to a shelter, but its still upsetting. And mark my words, the day Cleo leaves is the day I lock my ma's cats in a cage and ship em' off. Not only that, it's the day I take all 36 or how ever many bins she has and throw them my Aunt Jenny's way. That being said, I'm not a happy camper and I can't wait for school to start back up.

No comments: