Monday, February 13, 2006

You know what I realized recently?
Why does the 'Christian' always have to be excluded from things?

Is it that people assume Christians are going to judge them by what they say?

If thats the case, why cant they first give Christians the chance to prove them wrong - or maybe right...

Something I've always struggled with is socializing - I'm just not good at it. So when I put an effort into being a good friend I almost expect that same effort put back. This may sound really bad, but...: I know what I do. I pay very close attention to the comments I make and to how my attitude is being portrayed when someone talks to me. I know when I'm acting short with people and I know when I make judgmental comments - sometimes I correct my wrongs and other times I dont but I know. So when someone says I came up short in a certain area, like I brushed them off one day, I know it cant be true. Why am I so sure? Because I pay VERY close attention to what I do. I socialize so little that when I do, I take notice of everything. Beyond even that, its a rather rare occasion that people try to confide in me so when they do, I most assuradly do not brush them off. Maybe the reason people avoid talking to me is because they know I hate gossip and maybe what they say is gossip but the reality seems more like they're scared I'll dissaprove of what they're doing so instead of telling me they tell their friends who will cheer them on. Honestly, most of the time it seems more like socializing is much more a burden than a freedom; much more a lock than a key. I can dish out all the love and compassion that I have but I guess what I have to realize is I cant continue to respect it in return. Maybe what I have to realize is that not all have Christ and arent as willing to give away their love and compassion.

No comments: