Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Change of Pace
Welp, I started my new classes.
English 208 [advanced English] is alright. I had high hopes. The teacher I was supposed to have is apparantly on maternity leave so we have a different lady. Our new teacher is very, inexperienced - I think. Not to say she doesn't know the material, just that she seems to have a lack of confidence in front of the class and Im not sure how much she'll be challenging me. For the past three years I've had the top notch English teachers at my schools and Im not sure about this one. Im kind of frustrated but maybe Im completely misjudging her. The thing about her is that shes very "by the book." If you know what I mean... My other english teachers taught how they saw fit - she follows the guidelines of the typical english teacher (as would elementary and some junior high teachers)

My other class, US History, is pretty cool. So far all we've been convering are the United States; where they're located and what their capitals are. I'm not too good at this geographical stuff so I'm not entirely intrigued by the class yet but I have hope left. The teacher is young - swears a bit - but he seems pretty cool. When he's reading he sounds like he's auditioning to be the next "Movie Phone Guy."

Other than that, H2O is going good. A/Some member/s are/is stepping into a role of leadership. I'm not sure how it will turn out but it should be good. That's about it. :-)

And yay for the fact that Im keeping up on my reading through the bible in one year [again] endeavor. ^_^

No comments: