Sunday, January 29, 2006

Before Bed, I read.
I just spent nearly 45 minutes reading the bible. That's not long in context of eternity but I only read about 5 chapters. Actually only 4, Exodus 30-34. It was amazing. Here are some things I took extreme notice of while I was reading:

Exd 30:29 "You shall also consecrate them, that they may be most holy; whatever touches them shall be holy."
>>> It is Gods will for us to be holy and for everything to be holy - just as He is holy.


Exd 32:1-4
"And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for [as for] this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which [are] in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring [them] unto me.
And all the people brake off the golden earrings which [were] in their ears, and brought [them] unto Aaron. And he received [them] at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These [be] thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt."


>>>> The second Moses turns his back, they turn away. How frustrating must that have been. I just want God to strike them down but if He did that then He would have to strike me down for my sins; and I wouldn't like that very much. [As Pastor Jeff was talking abuot today in Church.] So Thank God for His mercy!
Later in the chapter God is preparing to lay down his wrath on them for their becoming corrupt. God said to Moses, "Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them. Then I will make you into a great nation." Then Moses began pleading with God. It says in verse 14, "Then the Lord relented and di not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened."


Exodus 32:27-29 and 31B-32 "Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' " The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."
>>> It is Gods will for us to be set apart from things that are not holy.

. . . "They have made themselves gods of gold. But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written."
>>> Moses must have felt such compassion for them! It's so amazing! I want a love and compassion like that for the people I know. He understood the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus our Lord.


Exodus 33:15-17 "Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?" And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."
>>> Because it's God's will for us to be set apart from the world, and to be holy, He follows us where ever we go. I think that when we arent set apart from things of the world He cant go with us -- maybe because He needs a holy place to live - to dwell - and if we arent holy, He cant live in us.

No comments: