Wednesday, September 28, 2005

H20 Club
Yesterday I went to a book signing for Tamora Pierce at Borders with my sister. I read eight of Tamoras books around seventh grade, but none recently. I really enjoyed her books [reccomended by none other than my close friend Melody -Tiffanys older sister-] and I really enjoyed seeing her speak. She was surpringsly blunt, but extremely funny. Cool lady, I like her. Other than that, not too much has been going on. "Christian" club is set to start up next Tuesday, with me as the general leader, but as of yet Im not too sure if that is going to happen. I havent been able to get ahold of the sponsor for the club and that means there are no posters around the school, no designated room number, etc.. Im thinking this may just be a minor set back from the enemy but I'm just trying to let it play out. I'm a little nervous going into all this because Im not much for public speaking. I know, whoever is reading this should know, we all know it.. And not to mention the fact that I was only able to pray about it for a few weeks (taking into account my problem with slacking off in my prayer life lately) so Im just, hesitant... about going into this without a very blunt "YES" from God. lol. Perhaps that "YES" is still coming, or maybe it never will, but Im going to go ahead with it and see how it plays out because my backing out could just be my own fears and apprehensions and not God telling me I shouldn't. Anyway, so much for my over analytical self taking the better of all situations. But something else that has been bugging me a bit is how it's called "Christian" Club. I dont necessarily like that. I want it to be a sort of outreach to everyone in the school and I want everyone to feel welcome, Christians, Catholics, and Mormans alike. Whether or not there's a difference is for the people to decide, but apparantly the title implies only "Christians" are welcome and I dont want to be the case. Hopefully >cross my fingers<>

No comments: