Thursday, April 28, 2005

Busy Busy Busy!
Okay, so things have been really hustle and bustle lately. Last week, I was up to all hours of the night preparing for a mock trial in my english class. There is SO much to say about that, but really it's just boring stuff for anyone who wasnt involved. Right now, I have a cold on top of allergies that turns into a fever whenever I get a headache [according to my doctor] so Im not in the best of shape but Im getting there.

Wednesday I sort of made a turn around in my life - the way Ive been living it for the past two weeks - and decided I am going to crack down and refocus what Im doing. I know for a fact that most of the reason for my "stand still" (as I call it) is because of that trial. Our next project in english is to read a 'college bound book of our choice'. We were given a list of books and I chose to read the bible. My first thought was that it will be an amazing witnessing oppurtunity but now Im realizing that whatever time I would normally spend on an english project (hours upon hours) will now be spent on reading the bible. The challenge now lies in actually doing it. I have to read the entire new testament by May 25th, and on top of that make 10 story boards and write a reflection essay on the reading I do. I am excited, but in order to have time for everything, I'll have to read 20 chapters a day for 20 days and spend the last few days I have doing the essay and story board.

Also on Wednesday, Dad came home. He has been doing pretty good, surprisingly. Nurses come over about three times a week, but its all good because he is a lot happier it seems. I cant do anything but thank God for the situation; the church has been so overwhelmingly helpful through all this and I can only thank God for that!

No comments: