Monday, August 06, 2007

With the summer coming to an end I feel the need to debrief on some things. For the most part I have succeeded in attending CC O'hare; at least long enough for my mother to be willing to cosign the loans. I am scheduled to leave for NIU on the 23rd - though I have yet to receive my room mate assignment. -_- I am nervous to go but I can not wait to leave.

Just a week ago I got my first pap smear. It wasnt as bad as some people made it out to be but its not something I would look forward to. The reason I really wanted to get it though was because in early July I got a phone call from a close friend of mine telling me she had a brain tumor and was going into surgery in just 2 days. Thankfully the surgery went well and she is healing from it now but it left me paranoid. Every little thing was enough to convince me that I, too, had some sort of tumor. A simple yeast infection led me to believe I had cervical cancer. :P

Travis and I are doing good. We have hit some rough terrain but we are trying to get through it together. I dont know what exactly will happen when I leave for school; he says we'll stay together... I'm not sure I see that realistically. In the mean time I will just carry on in the game of wait and see.

Overall I'd say it was a good summer - I didn't stay home for a single day. Every day it was either Kami or Travis. For awhile we hung out with Travis' group of Drew, Shane, Jon, Kevin, Tiffy, Desmond, and sometimes Tom. Then we joined Crystal in her group of Devan, Adam, Jake, and Clifton. Then it was Kami's group/s of Mark & Christina or Steve & Reese. Although each group had their charms I am looking forward to meeting new people and having a new group of friends.

My next update will probably be from the dorm - so wish me luck in getting settled in!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Hey Naomi-
I'm really, really happy for you, and proud of you for making it to this next MAJOR chapter of your life. I think you have amazing abilities/talents that could really flourish during this time. Heidi and I's deepest desire for you is that you cling to your Author while at school. Find a community where you can question and worship and serve... it is tremendously difficult to go through college without it... I did for a year.

We love you (and your sister) a lot, and we're filled with the hope that there are some amazing things ahead of you two.

Call if you lose your way... or to talk to EJ and Addy... :)