Saturday, December 11, 2004

The money pit meets Calvary

This is becoming a "once-a-month" thing now! Kinda funny in my opinion, but apparantly my readers are eager to hear about the boring details of my life, so here goes. I put up the tree for Christmas. It's ugly. Lol, I honestly dont like it. It's fake! Duh, who would like it? I want to take it down but I'm just going to wait until Christmas is over, obviously because that would defeat the purpose of putting it up. And.. I stayed home Wednesday to go to a thrift store in Chicago. The thrift store was a dud but I did end up cleaning all day. Eh? Fun yeah? Hah, no, not really. I had to clean two bathrooms, a kitchen, and living room. On the upside I got paid so no complaints here.
Ummm. Okay, so not this past week, but the week before, the only movies I rented from Blockbuster were Tom Hanks movies. Good stuff. But two of the three movies I rented that week were on TV a few days after I rented them. So that was kinda' funny. On top of those two movies being on, two Tom Hanks movies I didnt rent, Sleepless in Seattle and That Thing You Do, were also on this week. I counted up how many Tom Hanks movies I have seen, and the total was 23. That includes:
1. The Polar Express (2004)
2. The Terminal (2004)
3. The Ladykillers (2004)

4. Catch Me If You Can (2002)
5. Road to Perdition (2002)
6. Cast Away (2000)
7. Toy Story 2 (1999/II)
8. The Green Mile (1999)
9. Toy Story 2 (1999)

10. You've Got Mail (1998)
11. That Thing You Do! (1996)
12. Toy Story (1995)
13. Apollo 13 (1995)
14. Forrest Gump (1994)
15. Sleepless in Seattle (1993)

16. A league of their own
17. Joe Versus the Volcano (1990)
18. Turner & Hooch (1989)
19. The 'burbs (1989)
20. Big (1988)
21. The Money Pit (1986)
22. The Man with One Red Shoe (1985)
23. Splash (1984)

Good stuff, yeah? But I intend to rent Saving Private Ryan and Philedelphia soon so I can cross those off my list. Hes coming out with a few new movies this year that Im excited to see, but one kinda worries me. The Da Vinci Code. I dont know who hes going to play or what not because I didnt read that book, but I really dont want it to be compromising.
Haha, me and my ma' were talking about 'The Moneypit' this past week and we were wondering if we could write something that funny. Non-Stop comedy. I dont know but Im going to try. It's in the process of forming.
OH! I read this book 'The Wager' by Bill Myers. It was soo good. I definately reccomend it. It was about this guy who is a movie star and a christian and hes trying to live by the Sermon on the Mount. So God and satan make this wager on him. satan says the sermon on the mount is impossible to live by and he'll prove it through this guy. But God says its not impossible and He'll prove satan wrong, as per usual. It was really good!
On a closing note, picture this: 'The Money Pit' meets 'Calvary Chapel O'Hare'. Eh, eh?!? I see comedy.

1 comment:

Jason said...

The DaVinci code will be a mess theologically, but I don't know that this should scare you any more than all the other hoopla out there. Just don't forget to take your critical thinking skills to the theater.

I'm scared to consider what you are implying by merging "The Money Pit" and "CC O'Hare"???!!!!!!

Money Pit was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I remember being really embarrassed by the statue/fountain.... yep.

peace-
Judes2