Friday, May 09, 2008

Feverish Birthday Dreams

I thought I was in a garden
Down trodden in the dirt
Trees hovering over me
& worms beneath my shirt
But I awoke to something different
Yes, the birds were chirping in the trees
But they were outside my window
And I was laying in my bed

Well I thought I was driving in a car
Turning on a mountain bend
Listening to loud music
And I think that it was raining
The car it took the turn too fast
And off the cliff we both went
Into the river we did sink
But I awoke to something different
I was standing in my shower
The water burning my back
Shampoo suds in my eyes
And I think that I was singing
Cause my mouth was really dry

Well I thought I saw you at the table
Looking through a high school yearbook
Sitting there with all your friends
But I could not believe you
I just could not pretend
Cause you are not alive anymore
And the backyard left when we sold the house
So I knew that this was all pretend
When I awoke I was not surprised
You were still gone
I was still in bed
The clock had barely changed
But now I cant sleep
I will stay awake
The night before my birthday
And I wont mistake
Reality for dreams
Because you are gone.

No comments: